Search This Blog

Sunday 6 February 2011

January Update

I'm pleased to say that my hygienist was AMAZED by the health of my teeth after using my Waterpik for 3 months. She had to do a fraction of the work and the appointment was much more comfortable than last time.

I have also been to the orth and I didn't get my elastic bands yet! Mr. Shore says that the teeth are starting to knit together so well, the widening is successfully happening without the need for them at present. He will re-assess the situation next visit. In the meantime, he added yet more expansion to the top and re-set the bottom wire. He asked me to leave 6 weeks before my next appointment to allow time for plenty more expansion. I'm pleased to report that, although re-shaping an arch might sound like a painful business, it is so gradual that after a day or two of initial sensitivity, it cannot actually be felt. Great news for me as this is the main job with my teeth! It just takes patience.

YouTube Video Link: January Update

9 comments:

  1. Hi Rose,
    I'm a 27 year old girl (woman?) from Ireland and i'm going to have Incognito fitted pretty soon.
    Just letting you know that your blog has been a HUGE help to me. I read it yesterday, all of it, and watched all 26 of your videos on youtube last night. I was dreaming of braces and waterpik's and wires for the night! probably not a good idea to do it just before i went to sleep.
    i have my appointment for my print to be taken on monday with my brace being fitted around a month later.

    Great to know what to expect and great to see the changes in your smile. look forward to more updates! Jac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rose, It's great to know that everything is going so well. Thanks for putting a link to my blog for me. I've had over 800 visits!
    Best Wishes, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your experiences! I've been looking for blogs like that can help me decide whether to have braces or not. Haha. You're blog definitely helped me decide!

    Glenn Koehm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rosemaria,
    It's been a long time since we heard from you. I hope that everything is going well. Have you still got your braces on? I have. My orthodontist is still trying to get my front teeth in a perfect row, but they don't want to go!
    Best Wishes,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rosemaria,

    How is it going now? Thanks for all your updates. Hope you are well.

    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. why not Invisalign? see www.sinalambres.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just started with dental care in Toronto. I appreciate the posts! I'll be needing some type of braces in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to see that you're having so much success!! Good for you! I should really look in to finding some lingual braces in Edmonton! Then I could blog about it just like you, thanks for the example!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankyou for sharing this informative information also check out Lingual Braces Dubai Price

    ReplyDelete